Sunday, 7 February 2016
Why Your Business Needs Social Media Marketing (Content Example)
Why Your Business Needs Social Media Marketing
What is social marketing?
Social media marketing is also abbreviated as SMM. It means attracting traffic through social channels available on the internet today. Social media marketing is an amazing tool for small business owners as when used right you can reach a whole lot of new customers while keeping in touch with established ones. Social media also makes it easy to promote new products and services to the people who really want them.
Your biggest competitors all have social media accounts and are skyrocketing their profits as well as reporting increased customer satisfaction.
How Your Business Will Benefit From Social Media Marketing
There are lots of reasons as to why business organizations should be using social media for marketing and business purposes. Here are six of the best
1. Branding- Any sort of presence on the social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest help in building you as a brand. This is very helpful for a small business owner.
2. Word of mouth marketing- The best part about social media marketing is that it creates a ripple effect. The moment your product or service is talked about, liked or discussed it reaches another network instantly. This is definite word of mouth marketing; and nothing beats it.
3. Reputation management- Social media proves to be an instant thermometer of your brand. It tells you what your customers think about you and your services. It helps you change your marketing plans almost instantly, without having to waste much money on something that is not working. Two-way communication with customers is a great reputation management check for any firm here.
4. Find out what works and what doesn’t- Social media marketing helps you to save a lot of time on testing of your products and services. The response you get from marketing your products or services on social channels is almost instant. So you practically know what is working and what is not.
5. Helps with search engine rankings- If you brand is being talked about over social media channels constantly, you automatically increase your search engine rankings. Your social profiles give prospective clients options such as ‘follow’, ‘like’ and more. This way your network builds and so does your SEO rankings.
6. Cost-effective marketing and advertising alternative- To start a social media page requires practically $0.00. Yes that’s true. You can register online on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest and start your page today. To build your network will definitely take some humble investment. But it would be worth it completely.
Social media is an excellent way of creating a viral network or buzz about your brand. If done correctly, this can bring laurels to your brand instantly. It is now a necessity for a business to thrive online on social channels in order to get the real sense of its customers. Today, with great analytics available you can target and retarget audiences after much deliberation. This way saving money on marketing is much easier, because you only spend on what works for you.